Thursday, January 21, 2010

rainy day crafting {wreaths}

i have a compulsion
and it is making things
it could be food
it could be a craft
it could be trouble
today
i am sharing some of my rainy day projects 
during the holidays
made an adorable marshmallow and gumdrop wreath
which i shamelessly copied for a valentine wreath
substituting conversation hearts for the gumdrops
Marshmallow Wreath
Fabric Wreath
Embroidered Gift Bag
i used a piece of linen
from the remnants pile
i wanted it to look a bit
like it had been sitting in the bottom
of a civil war widow's hope chest
it is a gift
for a yet to be born
little wonder
named Ruby
it will hold baby essentials
and then it can be easily transformed
into a small pillow

9 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! You really are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy!! I love your wreath! How cute are those conversation hearts! SO fun!

    I am working on a Reader Spotlight post right now and I am going to include your cute wreath! I will publish it this weekend!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wreath! You linen piece is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I wish I was a little more crafty...instead I'll just admire your work.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Gosh! I love the Marsh mellow wreath! Are those ACTUAL marsh mellows?

    Stoppin' by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those wreaths are so cute. I love the marshmallow one with the candy hearts. I might have to try this idea.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Valentine Marshmellow Wreath!! I just may have to make that with my little sweetie! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Andrea over at
    http://savvysassymoms.com
    Nice to meet you fellow SITS girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I didn't peek

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |