Monday, January 18, 2010

all bottled up

in italy
 this october past
i shared a meal with a truffle hunter
and his family
in their home
and after we ate
a treat was served
 limoncello cream
which they made by hand
naturally
and i have been wanted to make my own
and
 as fortune would have it
i had a batch of limoncello steeping in my cupboard
just waiting for inspiration

Limoncello Cream
(printable recipe)
4 cups of lemon peel steeped in vodka or Everclear (after removing the lemon peel)
which is step 1 of my limoncello recipe you can find here
please note...you will need the lemon peels to steep for the specified time
4 cups whole milk
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups water
Place milk, sugar and water in a heavy saucepan.  Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Repeat the boiling process 3 more times.The repeated boiling minimizes the chances of the milk curdling when adding the limoncello. Remove from the heat and let cool a bit (maybe 5 minutes). Stir in the limoncello. Pour in sterilized bottles through a sieve using a funnel.  Let sit for a few days before drinking (a week is best).  
This tastes best cold, and I suggest storing in the fridge or freezer. 

I packaged these up to give as favors for a baby shower
cute, right?
the packaging possibilities are endless
which are just the way i like my possibilities

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I have a dessert recipe that uses a little limoncello; I'm happy to have a second use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, homemade limoncello sounds absolutely divine. You're awesome for taking the time to do this. I may just have to give it a go soon. Thanks for sharing! Have a great SITs day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so pretty! I'm sure they taste just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Goodness. You seriously made that? Wow. That is simply one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It sounds amazing!

    Wow!!

    Thank you for stopping by my SITS day. I am loving it because I am visiting blogs too and I am finding some pretty fab things to read! (Like your blog!)

    Awesome! Awesome!

    Thanks again for showing me some bloggy love! I am gonna check out more of your posts now!!!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |