Wednesday, February 17, 2010

tiny bubbles

who leaves 80 degree weather
in the dead of winter
for a balmy holiday 
in Hawaii?
well,
i do
of course

we planned this trip
long before we knew that
summer would show up by
mid-february
lest you think i am complaining
I AM NOT

by the time you read this
I will be sipping a mai tai
on the beach
while hubster
gives don ho

a run for his money

aloha
kili 
(my hawaiian name which was printed on a grain of rice and purchased by me
in 1984
in celebration of my high school graduation
and boiled by me
sometime in the 90s
in false hope
that it would be funny)



Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai Ingredients:





  •  1 ounce Dark Rum





  •  1 oz Light Rum





  •  1 oz Orange Curacao





  •  2 oz Orange Juice





  •  1/2 oz Lime Juice





  •  Dash Orgeat or Grenadine








  •  Dash Simple Syrup (1 cup sugar and 1 cup water boiled until the sugar dissolves) 




    Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai Instructions: 
    Mix all ingredients and pour over crushed or shaved ice in a glass. Garnish with a cherry and a slice of pineapple





  • LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
     

    blogger templates |