Friday, March 25, 2011

why must i be...a dog in a suitcase?

i don't speak french
which is why it is slightly insane
that i subscribe
to french magazines
aside from the few french words 
incorporated into the english language
i have not a clue
if the prose is 
inspired 
or
insipid

however
the photos
and 
creativity
never fail to 
turn this
punctual taskmaster
into a 
daring daydreamer

a recent issue of marie claire idees
showed a small dog
perched in a
 darling white-washed bed
fashioned from an old valise

at a romp through an overstuffed antique store
i found this

with a
 bit of fabric
little ingenuity
and
sackful of patience
(i am a horrible seamstress)

we now have
our own darling version
(if i might say so myself)

both girls checked it out
but only one 
reigns supreme
she seems quite content
mais oui!


*i have a tutorial here with a material's list and some steps
this is not a sewing tutorial...that would be like the blind leading the blind!



and



13 comments:

  1. So cute and it looks like she is enjoying her new resting place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love it! I don't have any little dogs...and my cats (well one) is bigger than both of those little pups combined...but I bet he'd try to fit anyway! So adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the cutest project I have seen all week!! Brilliant!!! Thanks for sharing~ found you on Tater Tots and Jello!

    {HUGS} and Blessings,

    Stephanie @ The Polka Dot Bungalow

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this?! I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight at http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sooooo much!!!!!! I have three dogs and not a one would fit in it, but I love this!! maybe if I could find a steamer trunk the golden would be happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. I really like how it turned out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely adorable! Love the bows! And the bow-wow-ers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a FABulous idea!! Love how it turned out! I saw you on the Tatertots&Jello Weekend Wrap-Up : )
    craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I was the only one silly enough over french decor to drool over books and mags that I coundn't understand...aaaahhh, blogland sisterhood...ain't it grand? (cheeky grin) I adore the bed and the fur babies that use it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a so cute! Makes me want a doggie! I would love to have you share this at my VIP party today =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such an adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I wish my dog wouldn't eat this ADORABLE thing if I made it for him! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would {LOVE} to see my dog sleeping in one of these! I may need a bigger suitcase, he likes to stretch out. :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |