Thursday, October 14, 2010

pumpkin spice cocoa on a broomstick

apparently, 
i live under a rock
or maybe
i don't go down the correct aisle at target
but
it took 2 different posts, from food blogging friends
for me to understand
that there is something in the store called
pumpkin pie spiced kisses
by hershey
and it got me thinking
was a huge crowd pleaser during the cold snap of winter
maybe
i should do something similar with the pumpkin pie kisses
so i present to you
pumpkin spice cocoa on a broomstick
(printable recipe)
this is great in a hot cup of milk, but also really lights up a strong cup of coffee
mmmm scrumptious
1 bag hershey pumpkin spice kisses--unwrapped
3/4 cup white chocolate
1/4 cup powdered sugar
additional white chocolate for dipping (optional)
melt the kisses and white chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds. give it a good stir and then put in microwave for 10 seconds at a time until it is melted and smooth. do not overheat. you do not want the chocolate to get hot.  the heat of the bowl will eventually warm and melt the chocolate. have a bit of patience...it will serve you well in the taste and the set up of the chocolate.  add the powdered sugar and stir until smooth.  pour chocolate mixture into small molds, ice cube tray, mini-muffin tins, or paper cups, and insert a wooden stick, or candy stick, or straw. it is really up to you.  place in refrigerator to set up.  once firm, remove from refrigerator and molds and keep as is, or dip in chocolate.  stir into hot milk or strong coffee for a delightful pumpkin spice treat.

23 comments:

  1. What an awesome treat! I guess I've been under a rock, too. Had no idea about those kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen these kisses, either...but I really want to find some! Great creation...sounds delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no clue those hersheys kisses even exsisted! I know what my hunt for the day is going to be now! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure there's no way I can get those kisses in Canada but it really is a great idea. I love the idea of stirring them into a hot cup of milk. Mmmmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! I've never seen that flavor, either. Need to take a look around in the candy aisle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a mission now to find some! i am a huge fan of chai and anything pumpkin spiced........actually wondering how this would taste melted in to my daily chai tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of those kisses but I so love the idea! I must try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum!!! I have heard of those hershey kisses but haven't seen them in the store...not that I looked though. those look really good!

    I have an award for you:

    http://justahappyhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/10/because-youre-sweetest.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the idea that it's on a boom! great for halloween for sure :)


    have a lovely weekend!
    jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great idea ... so yummy-looking and so pretty. Visiting from Weekend Wrap-Up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great! I love pumpkin :) Hershey's never seems to be far behind the trends, they keep coming up with great flavor combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable and I am sure delicious!
    Your site is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe! Came over from tatertots and jello

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I have to make these! Much cheaper than a pumpkin spice latte at the local coffee chain and I don't have to drive anywhere to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun - These look really good! TFS! Super cute! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! I wish I had one of those right now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea. I bought a few bags of caramel apple Hershey's Kisses and I think I might make up a batch for the boys' teachers. I am a new follower of your blog! It's my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great - and fun - idea! Thanks for sharing!!! I might make these for a party I'm having next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just brilliant! How fun to come across your blog and this recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I featured you and your broomsticks on my blog today :)
    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! Saw the pumpkin spice kisses in my Target weekly ad today.
    Don't. get. in. my. way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! YUM! WOW! Absolutely too perfect - for me! Heck with sharing as a gift. What a great idea! Just great!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |