Wednesday, November 23, 2011

it is probably time to get a cat...

we have a mountain home
i often talk about all the wonderful things about it
what i rarely mention
is our rodent population
hey
it is the mountains
after all
we have mice
mostly
they stay outdoors
or
 under the house
however
as it begins to cool
and
snow falls
they make their way inside
it does freak me out
especially
when i find a nest
in the arm of my robe
or
under a pillow

this morning
may possibly be my favorite tell
 the pantry held an empty walnut bag
across the room
another cabinet held this

walnuts in a vase
apparently
we have
fancy mice
eating only
from the finest of crystal

8 comments:

  1. Fancy mice! I love it...they have learned from your ways to do everything with flair! Even though I am sorry about your rodent issue, I'm grateful for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how in heaven's name are they getting in and out of there without tipping it over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @lisa...i don't think they have tried to get any out yet...they were only at the "deposit" stage. i have visions of one sitting in the vase handing the nuts up to another ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Mice don't creep me out in theory, but the one time I saw one in my house-being chased by my normally lazier-than-most cats, it totally freaked me out and I had trouble sleeping for weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds to me like a Disney mouse. She is probably singing and cleaning in the middle of the night, so you might not want to get rid of her.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny! Is it a mouse, or a chipmunk? I found little caches of shelled peanuts here and there, tucked very tidily between folded towels, under a pillow... and someone told me that chipmunks did it. Happy Thanksgiving, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe most definately fancy mice u have there! Did u end up gettin a cat? ;)

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |