Sunday, February 14, 2010

sweetie pie

hubster loves rhubarb
and while digging through the freezer 
i came across some of last year's bounty
vacuumed sealed and ready to rumble
so i cooked it up with 
juice of a small lemon
some sugar 
(probably 3/4 cup for 1 1/2 cups of rhubarb)
and
a dash of vanilla
until it was simmering and soft
then i added
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in cold water
and cooked until it thickened
it cooled
and i spooned it onto a round of puff pastry
which i also had in the freezer
(folded the sides up a bit)
sprinkled on some sugar
and baked at 400 until golden
i will serve it up
with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
and a smile
Happy Valentine's Day!

12 comments:

  1. What a cute rhubarb pie!! I love the decoration!

    (P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog.)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I am going to try this too. My husband loves rhubarb. Thanks for sharing. Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing! I've been on the lookout for a good rhubarb pie recipe, hubby is from the South and has NEVER had rhubarb! I might have to try this out to rectify the travesty that is not experiencing rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried rhubarb! This looks good! I will be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful pie. I too have never tried rhubarb. It looks great.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so pretty. I know it had to make his day SO special and wonderful! What a sweet wife you are! Stopping over from SITS this morning. Or is it afternoon? Darn it! The days just FLY by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look fabulous! I want to get a vacuum sealer! Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |