Friday, February 10, 2012

we interrupt this radio silence...

Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

ugh
where have i been?
i'm asking you
as much as i am asking myself

i've been
cooking
and
cleaning
working
and
chillin'
just about anything
but blogging
and for that
i do apologize

i tend to blog about
what we are eating
what i am crafting
or
our travels
and 
i just haven't done anything 
blog-worthy lately
honestly
these last couple of days have been consumed 
with
pulled pork 
and 
bbq beans
for a crowd

i'm making dinner for 75
as a fundraiser
for 
our local american legion
hopefully
we will raise
lots of dough
for the uso
hmmm....
perhaps i should have done a bake sale
and named it that
catchy, no?

and today
while making dressing for coleslaw
i thought to myself
"what exactly do poppy seeds taste like?"
let me warn you
they don't taste like
lemon muffins
that is FOR SURE
after my second spoonful
because the first was just a palate cleanser
i began to panic
poppy seeds being classified as an opiate and all
and me being
uptight and repressed

so
if you come by my place
and see
fantasia on the tv
in constant loop
and me
zoned out on the couch
with a bowl of 
small, dark, round seeds 
on my lap
know
it all started
as an innocent
culinary curiosity

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |