Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 begins...{honey roasted carrots}

Happy New Year!
a well worn phrase
with
genuine intent
i find
when spoken
it is always with a positive lilt
and rarely 
a
tone of indifference
or
sarcasm
no gifts to buy
no religious or political schism
just
the turn of the calendar
giving us all 
a chance
to
review
renew
resolve
for 2011
my goals were

i will not judge in disappointment, 
as i am confident
i too fall short of expectations 
others place on me
-
rather than toss the years of the past i will carry them forward
both as
fond memories and retrospective caution
and 
i will eat more fruit

for 2012
i have chosen a theme
...dust yourself off...
simply
bootstrap mechanics

get up
wipe off the dust
and give it another go

oh
and eat more vegetables
like these
 
  
honey roasted carrots
2 dozen small carrots-washed, peeled and trimmed
2 Tbs honey
1 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp toasted whole cumin seeds

warm the honey and vinegar to thin.  toss the carrots in the mixture and place on a lined sheet pan.  sprinkle with cumin seeds.  place in a 350 oven and cook until soft and caramelized, about 30-35 minutes.
i also like to serve these, with some tooth to them, as a crudite with dip.  you only need to cook them until they are softened but not colored--about 25 minutes. they are delicious with a simple tahini/soy sauce dip.


linking up to
full plate thursday

6 comments:

  1. Dust yourself off.........I like it! I think I'm going to steal it for myself and use it as my own. The carrots look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look tasty! Wishing you all the best for 2012, I hope it brings lots of great recipes as well as other forms of good fortune ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good and a great accompaniment to any meal. I'd love for you to link up to my new "Thriving on Thursdays" linky party here in Australia every week. My blog features recipes, crafts, decorating, organising and decluttering advice and tips. I know everyone in Australia would love to read this blog post.

    http://domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/01/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-1.html

    Thanking you,
    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I like the theme. These carrots are so pretty!!! They sound great, and I am so enjoying bumping up the veggie content at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christy,
    It is so good to see you, I still miss coming over on Tuesday. Your carrots look awesome, we would just love this recipe. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |