Tuesday, December 6, 2011

gingerbread side-cars

i have made
gingerbread villages
chateaus
houses
for as long as i can remember

last year
i spotted
little gingerbread houses perched on a mug
from
(as far as i can tell--this is her original idea)

giddy and obsessed
as i have been known to get
i went to hubster
 he agreed to
make cookie cutters
(so i wouldn't have to knife cut each piece)
blowtorch in one hand
pliers in the other
he made these
i
in turn
made these
use your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe
bake as directed
cool
assemble and decorate
tip:
i plane the sides with a microplane to ensure straight edges
 these attach quite easily with
(make it nice and stiff)

the wreaths are also made from royal icing colored green
piped with a no.63 tip onto parchment paper
sprinkles for berries

allow to dry overnight--remove carefully--attach with royal icing

i am using them this year
as place cards
piping names on the broad side of the house
and 
packaging them
like so
as gifts for friends
(you can get a template for the house from the not martha link above)

7 comments:

  1. Very cool, hubby made the cutters? I'm impressed! Gingerbread woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...they are amazing! I have seen these on Pinterest and have pinned them myself. Yours are amazing! You are quite incredible and so is your hubby-great job!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. I love these! Super cute and gingerbread is oh so yummy. Thank you for the great idea :)

    I would love for you to share this at my friday link party if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, your little gingerbread houses came out so perfectly! Absolutely adorable, and delcious too, I'll bet!

    I'm featuring your post on tomorrow's "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

    Yours,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, no, no you did not....I think this is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Seriously EVER! I am moving back to L.A....next door to you, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, cute! And I love that you have your own hand-made cutters :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! the both of u. they turned out great and im sure tasty too! lol

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |