Friday, December 17, 2010

one of santa's?

i know it isn't food--but i had to share
i was browsing through a british mag
a cast off from my cousin
and found the most delightful tableau
from living etc december 2010
and i thought
hmmm
i could probably make that
surprisingly,
 i didn't look at it close enough
as
i see now
that it was a small little table-top picture
mine
is not
my mantle december 2010
but i love it anyway
and hubster does too
now that he knows it is just for the holidays

he was a bit suspect
 and slightly concerned 
i might start making "art"
for the house

this was really simple
i purchased a cheap canvas
painted the background white-white
drew the elk freehand in pencil
and 
painted it burnt umber
 a few strands of battery operated lights
strategically placed and poked through
(a little hot glue to secure)
gives it a sparkly-snowy feel
simple, right?

i was thinking of making eight more
  to line our living room wall
as if i
curate santa's hall of fame

13 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from weekend wrap up. This is so cool. The lights really add to the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You draw great free hand and I really like the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm also linking over from Tatertots & Jello. This is very cool. I can't believe you "free-hand" drew the outline! Great job.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, you are one ambitious girl! That is very cute -- love the lights. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fantastic!

    love everything about it. the lights are a nice surprise!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic! I can't believe you were doubted! ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to make one of those! My husband has a couple of deer heads and a giant elk head that we don't have room for in our house....this would be perfect for us.
    But I could never hand draw that! Maybe you could draw one out that I could enlarge and trace????

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9 in total - that would be so hysterical. Your freehand drawing ability is pretty darned impressive! Cute with the lights behind the canvas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Cute! I'd love it if you joined in on our "show off" post @ http://www.beckhamandbloom.com/2010/12/show-off.html
    My readers would love this craft! Have a great week.
    Melly
    http://www.beckhamandbloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cool. I may try this but as a black silhouette. Thanks for sharing. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I found you at Tater Tots and Jello and I am loving your blog! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express giveaway and my link party that are both going on this week! Keep up the great blogging and happy holidays! -Dana

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.htm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Just featured your amazing project on my blog! http://www.releasemecreations.com/2011/12/diy-wednesday-holiday-projects.html

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |