Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tuesday Night Supper Club {featuring a season for all things}

hi all
this year has certainly flown by
much faster than i could keep up with
but
this time of year is so special
i am going to do my best
to slow down and enjoy it

for our last supper club of the year
i would like to introduce you to 
ellen
from
a seasons for all things
ellen continually links up fabulous recipes to the supper club
and
she isn't just a good cook
she is really interesting too
last month she linked this wonderful
pot roast happens to be one of my favorites
ellen is a bread maker too
she told me her favorite recipe...
you can find it in her interview
read it
then bake it
you won't be sorry

1.      where does your blog name come from? how long have you been blogging and how did you get your start?
A Season for All Things comes from Ecclesiastes 3:1.  I found myself in overlapping ‘seasons’ in my life… parent to 4, Grandmom to 1, mother-in-law to a terrific “new” daughter, and homeschooling my 3 teenagers.  I began blogging in 2009 when I got hooked on a friend’s blog.  She basically emailed me through the basics and encouraged me to continue.  Thanks, Kris!

2.      you are a bread baker...will you share your number 1 recipe?


3.      if you were in a cooking competition, and given a hamper with 3 ingredients--which 3 would you dread receiving?
Oooo, that’s tough!  I do not feel competent dealing with Indian-style cuisine…. Curry, lamb, etc!

4.      besides cooking, what else inspires you?
My kids!  They are so open to trying new things where I would much rather stay in my own little bubble!  I am so proud of what they have accomplished and the dreams they are dreaming!  Proud moment…my twins, high school seniors, have both been accepted to Auburn University!

5.      you home school your children...do you use cooking in their education?
Yes!  When they were younger, we did a lot of cooking, measuring, and baking (chemistry) experiments.  My youngest son enjoys cooking and creating new meals.  He has no problem with mixing ingredients I normally wouldn’t put together (and some really come out well)!

6.      what is your number 1 kitchen essential?
My crock pot!  From freezer cooking, stews, applesauce, desserts and more, this one appliance is one I wouldn’t want to live without.

7.      what is your favorite food memory?
Growing up, I became the unofficial cookie baker during the holidays.  It was so encouraging when people began asking you to bake a special cookie or fudge recipe.

8.      dream dinner party--guest list, location, menu, drinks, music
Dream dinner party…. Close friends and family.  My house.  Summer – grilled chicken and vegetables, my mom’s potato salad, fresh vegetables from the garden, and fruit.  Winter – Soup and chili potluck, cheese and crackers, fruit plate, French or Italian bread, and Pudding Cake for dessert.  Drinks – soda, coffee, sweet ice tea.  Music – the sound of wonderful conversations and laughter!

9.      its your birthday...what kind of cake?
This one is easy…. Bonny Butter Cake from the 1968 Betty Crocker Cookbook!

10.  what makes you a great dinner party guest?
I don’t think I make a great guest except that I always try to help the hostess keep things cleaned-up and tidy during the party and after.

don't forget to stop by ellen's blog--tell her i sent ya'

now it is time to see what you have been cooking up
if you are new to the supper club, please go HERE before linking up
if you would like to be featured next year, send a note to fudgerippleblog(at)gmail(dot)com 
with a link to your blog

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me this month! Merry Christmas! ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting, Christy!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |