Monday, September 12, 2011

tuesday night supper club no. 47 {featuring c&c marriage factory}

welcome to tuesday night supper club
as part of our new format we spotlight a blogger
that makes great food
this month
we are featuring
christina
from 
last month she shared this amazing take on lasagna with us
gorgeous
christina is a great cook
and
wonderful photographer
not to mention her
amazing decorating skills
(check out some of her posts on the remodel of her home)
so you could see why
i believe christina is inspirational
i asked her to answer a few questions
so you could get to know her as well
without further ado

Tell us about the name of your blog c&c marriage factory. when did you start blogging, what is your inspiration, and how did you come up with the name?
 While my husband and I were planning our wedding, I did a lot of DIY favors and paper products and enlisted the help of my best friend. She dubbed us "C+C Marriage Factory" as a play on words of the popular early 90's group C+C Music Factory. When I went to create my blog I couldn't think of a clever name so I used that. It just kind of stuck!

Your photos are gorgeous--do you have some photography experience?
 I did not have any photography experience when starting my blog and if you look back at some of the old posts, the photos are terrible! I got a DSLR camera a few years ago and started reading books to teach myself the basics of photography. A lot of it has been trial and error and lots and lots of practice!

If you were in a cooking competition that provided a hamper with 3 ingredients in it, what would you dread receiving?
Spam, sardines and lima beans. None of these are things that I would eat and it would be extremely difficult to make something delicious out of them.

Your recipes seem to lean towards flavorful but healthy, is this a passion of yours?
I definitely try to focus on healthy meals, although I do like to splurge every now and again! I try to use only non-processed, organic, or local ingredients when I can and often look for lower calorie recipes. I think that if you have enough flavor in your food from herbs, spices, and vegetables, you won't miss the fat.

Tell us about your greatest food memory
My now husband took me on our first date to an Indian restaurant in DC. I had never had Indian food before and it was a completely new experience for me. Indian is now one of my favorite cuisines and since that dinner, my husband has been expanding my palate and is always encouraging me to try new foods. I will now try most anything at least once!

What inspires you outside of the kitchen? 
I get a lot of inspiration from local farmers markets and from eating at the myriad of amazing restaurants DC has to offer. We have some great markets here and sometimes I will come across something unusual (like fiddlehead ferns) and pick it up to try something new. We are also lucky to have access to all sorts of different cuisines here and I am often inspired to try new flavors.

What is your least favorite food trend?
 I see Nutella everywhere and I just can't stomach it. I never really liked hazelnut flavor but the consistency of it also weirds me out.

What is your number 1 kitchen essential?
Probably my food processor because I use it constantly to make pie crust, salsa, and hummus, among other things. Number two would be my dutch oven, I use it often in the winter for sauces, soups, and stews.

Dream dinner party--guest list, menu, drinks, music, location?
I would love to have a bunch of friends join me for a dinner party at the Pioneer Woman's lodge, I am dying to win one of her trips to the lodge! A dinner party with Ina Garten or Paula Deen would also be fabulous. I would eat anything they served and for drinks there should always be plenty of wine!

sweet or savory?
Growing up I always had a sweet tooth and to this day I definitely enjoy sweets (especially anything chocolate) but if I had to chose between one or the other, I think I would choose savory every time.

take some time to visit christina
click HERE to go directly to c&c marriage factory
told her i sent ya!

now it is time to see what you are cooking this week.  
remember, i pick my spotlight features from those who link up. 
will it be you? 
if you are new to the supper club, please go HERE  first, then link up


8 comments:

  1. HI,
    Welcome back. I love this carnival. I shared my homemade ghee with a video and an article about probiotics and all the new research about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jill...love both your entries this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for introducing us to Christina. I've linked up some homemade kimchi. ~Culinary Adventures with Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice piece about a fellow blogger and thanks for hosting a great party. I've linked up a post that can easily be vegan friendly and gluten free that won't leave you feeling like where's the meat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your lovely blog from SoCalSocial, and I'm now following.

    Stop by for a visit to my blog soon too...

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great interview Christy! I read and enjoy Christina's blog and I have to admit that every time I visit I want to start singing, "Everybody dance now...give me the music...". Tee hee!

    I agree with her about Nutella. I like it, but it's just so "everywhere" right now. It's the "S'more" of 2011.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |