Monday, May 9, 2011

tuesday night supper club--link up no. 40

this past week my kitchen
was a true baker's kitchen
i was preparing for an event
where i donated
40 crumb cakes
dozens upon dozens of brownies
boxes of sugar cookies
and 
cones filled with caramels
it smelled a bit like christmas around here
i was exhausted at week's end
but
a good exhaustion
one that only an early morning baker can feel
 i am glad it is over
now
i can celebrate 
what you have been doing in the kitchen

this week
i was attracted to two ingredients
avocado 
and 
mango

this beautiful tomatillo salsa
from
uses avocado to add richness and creaminess

uses mango and avocado for her

and for a sweet
what about this mango bread
from

*if you have been featured and want to flaunt it--grab a button from my sidebar

if you are new to the supper club, please click here before linking up
and
just a reminder
i am happy to host and look forward to reading your food and recipe related links
please do not link up your own contests or giveways here
this isn't the space for that
if you can, please take time to visit other links and let them know you came by
have a great week
i am looking for some great food!
and
next week
is a give away week
there will be a nice prize
and also a theme
"big salad"
big salad will be the theme
link up your favorite salad recipe
but not until next week
this week it is business as usual!

18 comments:

  1. Yay, good for you...very deserving of a happy dance!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous (but exhausting) week you had Christy - hope R & R is on this week's schedule for you!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting!! Hope your week is off to a great start =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting this link up party! I posted Grilled Asparagus and Artichoke Salad. I hope you enjoy!
    -Nancy @ www.realfoodallergyfree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome gift you gave with all those baked goods. Thank you for hosting today and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled that you featured my mango bread. I really hope you get to try it. This week I linked up a recipe of my own creation - Brown Sugar Chai Ice Cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow talk about exhausting! Im just tired reading what u cranked out of ur kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for hosting.Its nice to be back here linking my Menudo Filipino

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new around these parts. Thanks for hosting! I linked up some yummy fish tacos, monte cristo and for dessert Peanut Butter Pretzel Fudge! Hope you stop by :)
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something about avocado is so springy and light. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Tuesday Christy!

    Wow- you really baked a lot of different things! Today I am testing a lot of different recipes and my girlfriend is coming over tonight to be my "guinea pig"!

    I am sharing my recipe for Italian Sausage Sauce On Zucchini Ribbon "Pasta". It tastes great and is really low carb since there is no "real" pasta!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm...so many delicious recipes! Christy, I love it that we were both in a mango state of mind this week! Off to enjoy a mango margarita later this afternoon...

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the feature! That is truly one of my favorite recipes. So easy and so flavorful! I am going to make it all summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christy,
    I added my Mini Cheesecakes. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi everyone...happy to host...love all the great recipes you are posting! thanks for the kind remarks regarding my "charity" baking...i will be posting the results soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi christy! thanks for the love, luv! I don't have anything to post this week but i'll enjoy reading everyone else's yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness you've been busy Christy! It all sounds delicious. I love the combo of mango and avocado. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christy, I brought my mango cocktail to the party!

    Thanks for hosting.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |